Sunday, July 8, 2012

Totally frustrating...

   I feel like I'm spending more and more time on the computer lately. I am constantly looking for work and not having much success. It seems like companies are looking for more education and experience than the low pay that they offer for mid career, non-managerial positions. I have years of data entry experience but without all the current software, database and web skills, I'm totally had. Not sure what to make out of this situation.
   I am trying to build my online reputation and presence, hoping that I can land some freelance work. I would love to be able to do that. But even with all the jobs being advertised for freelance or work at home, most of them are scams of one sort or another. One example is a company that tries to bring you in as a "customer service person" with no sales. When you dig deeper, it turns out to be a company that sells multiple products to it's members. The job they are trying to fill is someone to take orders for memberships over the phone.   They also expect you to pay for a membership to work for them. They also work under multiple names, listings, and phone numbers. That way, you can apply for them many times without realizing it's the same company unless you REALLY study the information provided. I can sum this up in one word...SCAM!!!
   At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Have to find something soon.But it's hard for me to work crazy hours with my daughter needing so much of my time. I also have my own appointments to manage. I guess I'll figure out something. This is the time when I wish my brain would function faster and more logically so I could come up with something. Until I do, I guess it's more time on the computer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in the same boat, but I'm sure there is something out there for us. Keep soldiering on!

JenMcP said...

Thanks. I'm just getting worried. Have to find something soon. Running out of unemployment.