Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day after day of rain....

I know we need the rain here in Texas, but after a few days of it...I get a little stir crazy. I have been watching it rain every day for the last four days. The upside to that is the cooler temperatures. It's been nice not to have the +100 degree weather for a few days. I know it will be back.
As for other things, I'm getting an opportunity to pitch some article ideas to an online magazine as well as some blog ideas to a nonprofit online. Hopefully, both companies will like my writing and it will be the beginning of my online career. Not that I've given up on my books. I'm working on my children's book and building the characters and plot for my suspense novel. Between all these, I'm working on three of my own blogs. I have this one and I have two on Wordpress, a personal one and one dedicated to chronic illnesses. I intend to build on that one.
I'm excited about these opportunities, but I'm also nervous. I guess I'm just feeling the usual self doubt that I know I'm notorious for. I know I need to believe in myself. I have experience with writing and I definitely enjoy doing it. I just never thought about trying to make any money with it. It always seemed like a hobby instead of a vocation. We'll just have to see what happens. I'll post more as I find out....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds exciting!

lynette355 said...

First off.......4 days of rain! I am super jealous. We have just had the every day heat wave here.

Writing is a very fulfilling career. I hope this does build into a prosperous opportunity.