Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A little insight into chronic illnesses and conditions...

I've been sitting here realizing how much my life has changed thanks to a chronic condition. It has turned my life inside out. I have realized that I'm not the same person I was. I have different limitations and different tolerances. Although I have learned to tolerate this unwelcome change, sometimes it gets very frustrating.
One thing I have noticed is my tolerance level for things is greatly diminished. I get frustrated very easily and don't like dealing with stress. This is making finding work very difficult. It also makes it difficult to drive and do things on my own.
I have learned to slow down. That's something I never thought I'd do. But it has not been by choice. I sometimes look back and get angry for the things I struggle to do that used to come easily. But I'm learning to view things with grace and patience.
I will admit, my sense of humor has vastly improved. I either laugh or cry about things, so I've decided laughing is better (doesn't make my eyes hurt as much!).
I do have to admit that my friends and family have been a huge part of my ability to learn to cope with this. I know the road for the last few years has not been easy, but with everyone's help, I have learned to accept this as part of my life. I wanted to take this time to say thank you to everyone who has been there.

2 comments:

lynette355 said...

Check out a blog by the Fibro Frog. She really understands.

JenMcP said...

I'll check it out.